Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DAY 20: Party Pick-Up

It is Tuesday morning, and I am exhausted. I spent most of last night cleaning up after our big wedding party on Saturday, which, although it did make a big mess, was quite a success!

Between two o'clock Saturday afternoon and two o'clock Sunday morning, we celebrated with over 30 people. Our next-door neighbor came over to help us grill, and together with these 30 friends, we ate ribs, chicken, meatballs, potato salad, spinach dip, chili cheese dip, and cupcakes. We did as much damage as we could to the two kegs our friends Lauren and Brian had provided for us. We even played Flippy-Cup for a while, and the girls' team won every single time!

The party was a good time, and that's all Brandon and I ever wanted. Weddings are wonderful, joyful occasions, but there's always been a part of me that feels it's a real drag to have to get dressed up, sit through a long ceremony, wait a couple hours to be fed, and then feel obligated to chicken dance. Of course, I'm happy to oblige for the people that I love, but I always wanted my celebration to be different, to be relaxed, to be fun.

And it was all of those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment