Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 230: The Most Unromantic Couple In the World Celebrates Valentine's Day With Chicken Wings

A few facts:

* Yesterday was Valentine's Day.
* I think Valentine's Day is stupid.
* My husband is therefore very lucky.

Neither of us has ever been all that romantic. Sure, we have our moments now and then, but usually we prefer casual fun to dressed-up romance. It's just who we are, and our relationship has always been based on a solid foundation of friendship (evidenced by the fact that Brandon uses pet names like "Dude" and "Buddy" for me, rather than "Sweetheart" or "Honey").

But on Valentine's Day, people expect you to be romantic! All day long, my students asked me, "What is your husband doing for you for Valentine's Day?" And all day long, I replied, "We aren't celebrating Valentine's Day this year because we have to celebrate 50-cent Boneless Wing Night at Wing Stop." Obviously, this answer didn't satisfy them. They wanted me to get flowers and chocolate and teddy bears. But I don't need any of that. All I wanted was wings!

And wings we had. So, happy Valentine's Day to you. But happy 50-cent Boneless Wing Night to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment