We have been married for nine months, spring break has begun, and, although it's April Fool's Day, none of this is a joke!
As I have said just about every month for the past nine months, it's hard to believe that this much time has passed. And this month, it's even harder to take in, because, not only have I made it through these nine months of marriage (which weren't too hard!), I've also made it through seven months of teaching (which were). I only have two months left till summer, and the first week of that is spring break!
Brandon was lucky enough to get several days off in the coming week so we can really spend some time together. If I had to do it all over again, I might not get married and change careers at the same time; it's been difficult to be the perfect, newly-wedded wife when my greatest focus for seven of the past nine months has been on my schoolwork. But I'm also a million times happier than I was at the bank, and that makes me two million times easier to live with.
Both Brandon and I deserve this coming break. We have been working extremely hard, constantly asking ourselves whether life will always be a long list of chores. But we have been getting things done. And now, for one blessed week, we plan to relax, cherish our time together, and just enjoy being.
And the best part about it is that, on this, the first day of spring break, we already have something to celebrate. Happy 9-month anniversary to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment