It is May 1, and we are once again marking our time as newlyweds. We have been married for 10 months, and it has gone by fast. But the next two months are sure to go by even faster.
The end of the school year is quickly approaching, and my work world is even more of a whirlwind of activity and appointments than usual. There is always somewhere to be, something to do, someone to see. Brandon is biding his time, waiting for summer and the peace that will come into our household with my ability to finally sit down and relax for a few minutes.
I'm looking forward to the end, just one month away now. But I also realize that, as these next few days and weeks pass us by, so too does our time as newlyweds. The clock is ticking away, and the countdown we started on July 1, 2010, is nearing its end.
Now, I know that the simple turning of the calendar to July 1, 2011, will not alter my relationship with my husband or my happiness in being married to him. But I'll no longer be able to tell people that we are newlyweds, and, as silly as it may be, I really, really love that! Brandon and I have been together for a long, long time; but being able to say that we are just recently married has made it all feel so new and fresh again. And it's just a little sad to think that, two months from now, I will never be a newlywed again.
But I will still have a fantastic husband who makes me incredibly happy. And together, we will have the precious memories of a wonderful - if chaotic - first year of marriage. And then together, we will begin making more. And as we celebrate our second, fifth, tenth, twentieth, and fiftieth year of marriage, the newlywed part may be gone, but the bliss part will remain.
No comments:
Post a Comment