Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 111: Boring, Married Life

It's been nearly two weeks since I've posted. Normally, I would blame this on being too busy, but this time I'm blaming it on being too boring. (You may have noticed this when you read my last post - about how our lives revolve around "The Office").

The truth is, I'm tired - old, married, and tired. I don't feel like much of a newlywed at all.

I don't have enough energy (or motivation) to do the dishes, fold the laundry, or water the flowers, let alone enjoy a night out with my husband. I get home from work, and all I want to do is sit in front of the TV. I couldn't care less about getting dinner on the table or going shopping for the groceries we'd need to make it (hey, it looks like there's popcorn in the pantry - "pop" it in the microwave!).

The last thing I want to do is chores, and I'm so tired some nights that doing something entertaining with my husband actually classifies as one!

This is not the newlywed life I ever planned (or want) to lead. It's ironic to say this, but fortunately for me, I came down with a little cold a few days ago. I felt awful, but because I did I gave myself permission to get the rest my body and mind both need - the rest I rarely get! In the past three days, I have slept more than I normally would in an entire week. And I feel great - still a little sniffly, but great!

It seems that the boring, old, married Charlotte just needed a couple good nights' rest. And now that I've gotten it, I'm welcomimg myself back to the life of an exciting, young newlywed!

No comments:

Post a Comment