Well, Brandon and I finally got out of the house. Having been sick at the beginning of the week, I had the opportunity to get some real, high-quality rest. By Wednesday, I felt almost back to normal - not just healthy, but also refreshed! And, because next week is a short one at school, I was able to finish all of my planning for it.
It was the perfect moment to get away. So, on Friday afternoon, we left our cozy, comfortable house, to spend the night going into a bunch of haunted ones.
Yup, we went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios in Orlando. Every year around Halloween, Universal Studios transforms itself into this sort of living nightmare. There put together several huge haunted houses, all with different themes ("The Orphanage," "The Psych Ward," "The Catacombs," etc.). There were eight of them this year, and they are haunted, of course, by real people (actors, I know, but it is really scary when they pop out from their dark corners!).
On top of the haunted houses, there are characters who simply run around the park chasing after you or wait near trees or around corners to pop out and scare you. This year, one of the big things was masked men running around with chainsaws. They were dispersed throughout the park, and they were just standing there in the middle of everything, daring you to walk by.
Fun? Now that I'm out of the haunted houses and back in my cozy, comfortable one (which is nothing like a psych ward!), absolutely. But at the time I was simply scared.
And this lasted from about 8:00 pm to 2:00 am - yup, that's six full hours of scared! At least for me. Brandon didn't seem to be scared at all. Not once the entire night did I see him jump or hear him scream. This, I found quite strange.
Then again, I didn't send a scary masked man with a chainsaw running after him and calling out his name.
No comments:
Post a Comment