So, it's that time of year...the Christmas catalogues have begun to arrive! I always find this to be an exciting time - not so much because of the catalogues themselves but because of the hope and joy that accompanies them. This is a time of year when, despite our stress, we are generally happy!
I, however, am a little preoccupied with planning my chemistry lessons to be paying much attention to the Christmas ads. In fact, tonight, while I was creating a PowerPoint presentation to explain how scientists name covalent compounds, I got a text message from Brandon: "Did you see the Zales ad?"
Hmmm...yes, I was pretty sure I'd seen it, and I was also pretty sure I'd recycled it during my crazy "Why-do-we-get-so-much-mail!?!" fit (a daily occurrence).
After a moment (and before I'd responded), another text came in: "I saw a few things I thought you might like, so take a look and let me know."
After taking a moment to ask myself if this was the same guy that challenges me to eating contests and counts on me as his X-Box football partner, I went and got that ad right out of the recycling bin. And yes, there were a few things in there I liked! So I took a break from my chemistry lesson and circled them!
I don't know if I'll actually get any jewelry for Christmas (some of my choices were outside our agreed upon Christmas budget, after all). But I do love it that I have someone in my life who wants to get me some! So maybe this year I'll let Brandon have the last Christmas Morning cinnamon roll and hope that something even sweeter awaits me under the tree.
A girl can hope, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment