Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 142: The Big Game

Yesterday might have been the best day of my life. It was, for certain, the best day of my husband's.

Now, if you've been following along recently, you might be aware that yesterday was the day that Brandon and I went to our first-ever professional football game, between the Miami Dolphins (PUKE!) and the one and only Chicago Bears!

And you might be asking yourself how a newlywed could consider a silly football game to be the best day of her life when, not six months ago, she was marrying the love of her life on a beautiful beach in Key West. And yes, July 1, 2010, was a wonderful day. But I still think yesterday might have been better.

Here's why: 1) There was no car crash, 2) The planning of this event (complete with tailgating and everything) was a lot less complicated than the planning of our wedding, and 3) I've truly never, ever seen Brandon happier.

No, not even on our wedding day. And I'm one-hundred percent ok with that. Brandon has known and loved the Bears a lot longer than he has known and loved me. His loyalty to them has never waivered, and one of his life dreams has been to see them play and to see them win. He did both yesterday.

And, you know what married couples are supposed to say to each other: "If you're happy, I'm happy." The statement might not hold truy in every situation, but it definitely held true for me yesterday. And so, the day that we saw the Bears beat the Dolphins in Miami was probably the best day of my life, for the simple reason that it was definitely the best day of my husband's.

No comments:

Post a Comment