Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 168: Really Good News

It is the last week of school before winter break begins. I will give my science midterms tomorrow morning, and then spend the rest of the day and night grading them. This, I am not looking forward to.

But in the midst of making hundreds of copies and leading a study session for some of my chemistry students this afternoon, I got some news that will surely keep me smiling through all of my upcoming trials.

Brandon is going to days!!!!!

That means no more waking up to the turn of the doorknob at 4:15 am, no more having to sneak around the house on Saturday mornings while he catches up on his sleep, and no more eating my dinner of microwave popcorn all alone on the couch (well, that one, I might actually miss).

Brandon has been on days twice before, and I have been truly missing it over the past few years. I've put up with his night shift schedule with few complaints, but his most recent shift (4 pm to 4 am) has been killing me ever so slowly and painfully for months. This change is very, very welcome!

Our routine will have to change quite a bit, and the adjustment might be difficult at first. But I think our lives will be greatly improved in many ways. If nothing else, it's enough to know I'll get to go to bed with my husband on a regular basis. What a novelty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment