Today was the official last day of school, and there are simply not words to describe how incredibly amazing that feels.
I don't mean to be generic with my emotions; there are just so many of them coursing through me - relief, satisfaction, joy, excitement, gratitude - and they are all positive! Which is why I call this feeling amazing!
So yes, we know how I feel about it, but what does it really mean? Well, It means that, when I have something to read, it won't be a teacher's edition and when I have something to watch, it won't be on Discovery's educator's page. It means I have time that is really, truly free!
And what does it mean for my marriage?
Well, it means that, when Brandon wakes up at 4:30 in the morning, I will NOT be waking up with him, unless he is running late and needs help getting his lunch put together. It means that, when Brandon goes to bed at 8:30 the next night, I'll be able to stay up and do whatever I want, unless I'm tired enough to go to bed myself after getting up that morning at 4:30.
Hmm...perhaps I'm just exchanging one job for another. From teacher of precious children to care-taker of needy husband. Do I want this job?
Obviously, I do. I can complain forever, but in reality, I think it's going to be incredibly fun to play housewife for a summer. I can actually keep the house clean on my own, and Brandon won't have to hear me nagging at him to help me for an entire three months. I can have an impressive dinner on the table each night, and Brandon won't have to roll his eyes at yet another night of grilled cheese and tomato soup. I can watch movies, read books, and write blogs all day long, and Brandon won't have to listen to my crazy stories about my crazy kids.
Yup, this is going to be a pretty great break for both of us. It's been a hard year, professionally, and both of us need a break.
Well, here it comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment