A couple weeks ago we learned that I actually do have a capable hand in the kitchen. However, cooking is not my favorite way to spend time, especially when I have have a lot of other things to do. But since it's summer, and I don't have a ton going on aside from Netflix, Nook...oh, and navigating the globe in a couple days (more on that later), I have really taken to the kitchen lately.
Now, if you've known me for a while, you might be aware that I have subsisted for most of my adult life on Hamburger Helper and Hot Pockets. (This is why I go to the gym so often!) I have had my moments of success in the kitchen, but I don't tend to try anything too complicated. I mean, really, who has the time? I've been lesson-planning 24/7 for the past nine months. Food has been the last thing on my mind!
But as I said, I am capable. And when I have the time to find cooking enjoyable, I actually do. This is especially true on a night like tonight, when my efforts are rewarded with rave reviews from the most important critic (aka: my husband).
So what is it, you ask, that my husband loved so much? It was simple, really - just some pasta and sauce. But it was special because, rather than pouring the marinara out of a jar, I made my own. I had the help of a recipe, but I improvised a bit too. And the result was pure and simple deliciousness. That I made!!!
Being a wife is (obviously) not just about providing a quality meal for your husband. But being married is about taking care of each other in whatever way you can. Tonight I did it with food. And it was amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment