Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 32: Gift Opening or Too Many Tea Kettles or Silly Uncle, the Joke is on You!

Today was our gift opening. It was not all that eventful because most people, probably considering the fact that we had to take everything back to Florida with us, simply gave us cards with cash in them, and we opened those late last night. Still, there were a fair amount of bags and boxes to rip into.

I can't mention everything here, but we got our fondue pot, our last set of wine glasses, and lots of red things for our kitchen.

Now, speaking of red things for our kitchen...

Way back when, we had registered for a red tea kettle. There has been a running joke in our family now since late April, when, between my two bridal showers, I received four - yes, four - red tea kettles! Of course, I was able to take all of the extras back to Target, and ever since, my kitchen has contained only one red tea kettle. But the joke remains.

And Uncle Daryl (yes, the same one that so kindly served as head chef at our reception only the day before) thought it would be just hilarious if the joke continued.

And so, at our gift opening, we ripped into bag after bag after bag, only to find tea kettle after tea kettle after tea kettle, until we reached the magic number of 10! Yes, 10 more tea kettles! And, as these are garage sale finds, this time I can't take any of them back to Target. But I'm also not taking all of them back to Florida. (I'll take a few of them - for instance, the blue Le Creuset can probably be sold on Ebay for a decent profit, and there is one that actually turned out to be an electric French coffee press! HA! Joke's on you, Uncle Daryl!!!)

But what to do with the rest? Hmmm...I guess we have Christmas gifts for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment