Today was our last full day here at Moon Palace, and we managed to stay in bed till noon! We probably should have forced ourselves to get up and really take in our last moments, but we couldn't think of anything we'd rather do than sleep! I actually woke up around 10 and got a good couple hours of reading in before Brandon finally woke up.
Since it was already lunch time, we immediately ordered room service. Boy, am I going to miss room service!
After that, we went to Sun Bar, mainly because we wanted to see Alfonsa. I didn't mention this yesterday, but she's just so darn cute. And when she sees us, she gets really happy. We've truly made a friend. I don't know how easy it will be to stay in touch, but we have made a friend.
So we were at Sun Bar until she left at four, and then we went out to the pool for a while. We haven't really spent as much time at the pools here as I had envisioned when looking forward to this vacation; but I guess, since we have a pool at home but not a pool table, it makese sense for us to spend so much time in Sun Bar. Still, we don't have a swim-up bar in Florida. So we got as much out of that as we could this afternoon.
I haven't said much about the weather yet, but now I will say that it has been perfect. Punta Cana is at the east edge of the Eastern time zone, so it gets brighter and hotter here earlier than it does in Florida. By 11 or noon, it is usually as hot as it is going to get (although we think it's a tiny bit cooler than it was at home when we left, which is nice). By mid- to late-afternoon, we usually get a good amount of cloud cover, which makes it a pretty perfect time to lie by the pool. It's warm enough still, but there's not as much of a worry about sunburns and such. By six, when the pool bars are closing, the air is cooling off enough that it's as good a time as any to get out and go to dinner, although the pools themselves stay open till 11.
So that's pretty much what we did today - enjoyed the pool from about four to six, then got out to head to first dinner. We had not yet eaten at the Brazilian restaurant, Samba, so we tried that tonight. It was typical Brazilian style, where the waiters bring meat around on a stick and slice you off a piece. The meat was very, very good, although I have to admit I was disappointed in the salad bar. Still, there was enough good food that I left stuffed, as usual!
So the perfect thing to do after that was go sit in the jacuzzi for a while. We got a bottle of champagne from the bar in Samba and enjoyed that while sitting in the warm watter. I finished my latest vampire book (I'm on Sookie Stackhouse now), and Brandon watched a hunting show. I found this a very strange thing for him to be doing in Punta Cana, but he said he thought it was strange that I read so much about vampires. Fair enough - we were both doing what we wanted, and I have to say that I truly don't know how I'll ever be able to go back to a life where doing just what I want to do isn't always an option. Sigh...
I don't know how long we sat in the water, but soon enough, it was getting late; and, as it was our last night, we couldn't even consider skipping second dinner. So we went back out and back to the pizza place for a relatively light meal. We'd seen something on the menu the night before that we really wanted to try, and we were even more delighted than the first time we ate at the pizza place.
When we were done there, we weren't really sure what to do. We were tired, but we really didn't want to go to bed; we weren't looking forward to leaving the next day, so we were trying to take in every last moment. We ended up walking around again, and we finally found the disco! It was quite a disappointment, and we didn't even stay inside for 30 seconds. But right when we got outside, there was one of the trolleys that runs around the resort picking people up here and dropping them off there. We decided to take a ride.
We rode around the whole resort, which didn't take all that long, now that we were in a motorized vehicle! And when we got back to our starting point, well, guess what we did - we went to Sun Bar!
We didn't play long, though; we were too tired. We finally gave in to the fatigue and came back to the room, to spend our last night here at Moon Palace, Punta Cana. It hasn't been a perfect trip, but it's been everything I could have hoped for in a honeymoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment