After all of yesterday's excitement, we took it easy today. I was tired this morning, even after sleeping soundly last night, and Brandon was concerned about me overdoing it. I was trying to be a sport because it is, after all, his birthday. But neither of us wanted me fainting again, birthday or otherwise, so we figured our best bet would be to keep things low-key.
We tried a new place for breakfast. It's a little coffee/pastry shop that we walk by every time we go between our room and the main lobby, but we have never stopped there before. We'd thought they only had little cakes and things, but it turns out they have ham and cheese croissants and other goodies of that nature. It seemed like the perfect way to start the day.
From there, we found our way to one of our favorite spots, Sun Bar. This is such a cool little place. It's a bar on one side, a sitting area in the middle, and pool tables and other bar games on the other side. We love how it's decorated, and we love the music they play in there; but mostly we just love how easy it is to kill time in there. So that's what we did in Sun Bar, until we decided it was time to go out into the real sun.
We chose a different pool today - a quieter one. None of them really get too rowdy, but this one was ultra peaceful. We just relaxed in the water for probably three hours, and there was hardly anyone else around. We ordered snacks and water from one of the adorable waitresses. As the afternoon went on, we did give in to the call of the bar a time or two; but we continued to keep things low-key. And we continued to order water, alongside our drinks (see? I learned my lesson!).
At 6 we had a dinner reservation at Tao. Tao is the only restaurant at this resort that requires a reservation. It is hibachi-style, where they cook the food on a big grill in front of you, and it was amazing! The chef was so skilled - not just at making the food, but at making us laugh throughout the meal. He kept trying to tell us he was Japanese, even though he was very clearly Dominican, and he called the shrimp baby lobster. We loved him!
By dinner time, I was feeling quite a bit better; I continued to take things easy, but I was able to really enjoy myself for the first time since about 10 pm yesterday. I ate a lot, which I needed to do - chicken, beef, "baby lobster," and calamari, as well as fried rice and veggies. It was probably the best meal we've had yet - and we have had some good meals!
Now dinner is over, and Brandon is spending his birthday money at the casino. We both called home and talked to our moms a while ago. I mean, how could we not when the international calls are part of our all-inclusive package? And now I'm just winding down, hoping to get another really good night's rest, so tomorrow I can begin to enjoy my last two days here.
Only two more days...sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment