My new teaching job has required me to work extra long and extra hard lately, and I fear I may be neglecting my new husband. He's been supportive, though, and he honestly doesn't seem to mind quietly playing his X-Box games while I diligently plan my lessons.
Still, we've been missing chances to have some real, quality time together; and today, Brandon wasn't going to let an opportunity pass us by. (Plus, he has that new truck, so he really wanted to go somewhere!)
So we headed back to Miami.
Now, let me just say that, in the four years Brandon and I have lived here together, I can think of only three times that we've gone to Miami. And now, here we are, nearly doubling that in a matter of two days!
A while back, Brandon had been researching fun and interesting things to do around here, and he stumbled upon the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables. You can see more, if you're intersted, at http://www.coralgablesvenetianpool.com/; but basically, this is a pool that used to be a quarry and is now fed by natural springs. You may know that Brandon and I have a pool at our house, and that may cause you to wonder why we would drive an hour south of the town we live in to swim. Well, all I can say is 1) our pool is not fed by natural springs and is therefore often dirty and always too hot in the summer and 2) we wanted to drive our new truck!
So off to Miami we went (well, Coral Gables, actually - a swanky suburb of Miami). We found the Venetian Pool easily, and we spent about two hours there. It was truly refreshing - the water was cool (but not too cool!), and it was free of chemicals (but still clean!). We had a great time.
After we were all wrinkly and refreshed, we decided to just drive around. We went into downtown Miami and through some of its other well-known neighborhoods. In the end, we found ourselves back in Little Havana. I don't know whether the truck was being pulled toward its dealership or we were being pulled toward our favorite kind of food, but we did get a good dinner out of it!
We got home around 8 pm, and Brandon immediately fell asleep on the couch. Now, there he is, snoring away, while I wait for the sheets to dry so I can put them back on the bed and get in it.
Sure, it's early for a Saturday. But I don't need to take anymore from it. This has been the perfect day with the perfect husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment