Today I woke up early, around 7:00. Brandon stayed out late at the casino last night, so I let him sleep while I drank coffee on the patio and soaked in that huge jacuzzi in the middle of our room.
When he woke up a couple hours later, we went to breakfast at El Cafetto, a small restaurant that they describe as American a la carte. Brandon had pancakes and sausage, and I had an omelette with asparagus and shrimp - yum!
When breakfast was over, we went to the honeymoon office - oh yes, there is an entire office here devoted to serving those on their honeymoon. As honeymooners, we get a few special thing while we're here: a romantic dinner, breakfast in bed, a special cake and champagne sent to the room, and, of course, t-shirts! We booked our romantic dinner for this evening and our breakfast in bed for tomorrow morning.
From there, we had to go to what they call "PVP" or "Palace Vacation Planners." This is where we can set up appointments for the spa, sign up for tours, and, well, plan out our whole Palace vacation! When we arrived here, they gave us $1500 credits that we can use in various ways. For instance, we can get $100 dollars in match play at the casino, use $300 toward the spa, and book various tours, until we've reached $1500. The problem was, all of the "PVP" representatives were really busy! So, we went into one of our favorite places - Sun Bar - to play games and get a couple beers.
After I lost two games of some sort of bar-style table shuffleboard, I had had enough. And luckily, there was a "PVP" rep ready for us. We sat with him for a while and booked a spa appointment for tomorrow morning, a tour for Tuesday afternoon, and a second romantic dinner (lobster and champagne on the beach) for Tuesday evening. All of this will cost us nine dollars out of our own pockets! Obviously, we left happy.
And hot! We were ready for some pool time. Can you believe we were at this resort for nearly 24 hours before we went into the pools? I guess we're spending too much time eating; and, in fact, we did stop for a buffet lunch at Marina Grill before we finally got out in the sunshine! But once we did, we spent the entire rest of the day out there. There are at least 10 pools here (I think I mentioned that yesterday). Three of them have swim-up bars, several of them have snack bars, and all of them have waitresses walking around and asking you if they can get you anything (you know, in case you can't get off your lounge chair to order something for yourself from the bar!).
Yes, we spent the entire rest of the day out there, and it was lovely. I could seriously do this every day.
Around 7, we figured it was time for first dinner, and we were intrigued by the French theme at Lucca, one of the buffets. This particular restaurant features a different themed dinner buffet every night of the week, and the French theme was really good. I can't tell you everything we had (not so much because I don't remember, but because there was simply too much of it!). I can tell you that we were awfully full, and that does seem like the trend around here.
But we had a "romantic dinner" to attend at 9. So, as full as we were, two hours later, we found ourselves at Los Gallos. This is the same restaurant we ate at last night, but the romantic dinner is special. We did not order off the menu but were served shrimp and steak, along with some veggies and potatoes. It was so delicious, I didn't care that my dress no longer fit! For dessert, they brought us a little heart-shaped mousse. Adorable.
It is now going on 11, and I am exhausted. I just asked Brandon if it would be lame for me to go to bed at such an early hour and he reminded me of the one rule we have this week: we can do absolutely whatever we want. So it's bedtime for me! There are more adventures to be had tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment